Friday, July 25, 2008

Innocence.. lost

The other day I was watching Forrest Gump, and I heard this person within me that wanted to come out, live and express freely. Maybe it was my soul.
In this hustle bustle of life, we don't realize when we are drained off the very essence of our being- innocence. A heart break, a humiliation, each passing year, bullies, take our our innocence in one form or the other, and then remains what is called "you" or "me".
Remember when we loved unconditionally, lived freely, laughed vivaciously, cried openly... Where did all that go?
Can we love unconditionally now? Not without the fear of getting hurt, not without expecting...
Can we cry openly now? Not without the thought of being judged, not without the fear of being labelled vulnerable....
What Forrest gave was love, what we give.. what is it?
So, is the world depriving us of innocence, or is it us?
Given a choice, would we want our innocence back in the same life, in the same world?

No comments: