Friday, July 25, 2008

Flesh and bones and what?

I would love to know what the world would be like a 100 years from now, 500 years from now, a 1000 years from now. But.. how would I know? I probably will have kids, and then grandkids, and maybe I can ask my grandkids, and then have them ask their grandkids, to send me pictures and videos of what the world is like "then". They will obviously have immensely advanced technology then... Well... whatever the technology is, my grandkids use it, and take snapshots of the future world, and put them in an envelope, or attach them in an email, ready to send them to me.
But... where will I be? What kind of a mailing address can they use? Where can they send it to? And though my email account would be active (no chance huh...), who will actually see those emails. What will happen to this entity called "me"? I know I will be dead, is there something after that?
The farthest I can go, is my grandkids, and then I will be forgotten. Just like that!
Check out the Bodies Museum, will give you an insight into how complex your body is, yet so fragile....

No comments: