Monday, May 23, 2011

An ode to Hachiko...

I hear him coming,
in the rusty rumble of the train
I hear him calling,
in the rugged voice of the rain
I care not for time
snow, rain or shine
There wasn't even a sublte sign

Time and again, they talk to me
A traveler here, a traveler there
A familiar face, sometimes somewhere

I don't mind the chitter chatter.
The movement of lips fade by
As I continue to do today,
what I did till yesterday
And I continue to do tomorrow
What I do today

I am being clicked and photographed
Solo and with a known face
I am the hero of the town
To most of them, this is just a phase

I left my home
Abandoned my family
I care for nothing
He is my only reality
My home and family

I am told that 9 years have gone by
To me time doesn't seem to fly
Time must have stopped 9 years ago
When I was waiting for him to show

I wait for him to call my name
I wait for him to show me a sign
It's only fair, as he waited too
For the day, when I would fetch too

9 years later, I sit here again
On the familiar step, that felt no pain
Time has aged me, but not my soul
I hang on to hope, my only console

My weary eyes drop into my sunken eyepits
I see his smiling face calling my name
I hear him coming,
in the rusty rumble of the train



--------------------------------------------------------

This is my tribute to Hachiko, for his undying faith, love and devotion to his master and friend, Hidesaburō Ueno. To him time did not matter, nor did anything else, except the hope of seeing his master again. A bronze statue of Hachiko stills stands at Tokyo's Shibuya station where he waited for 9years hoping for his master to return (Look for Hachiko statue on Google)
This is my tribute to all dogs and all dog lovers! Dog is the most floyal of companions.

Watch the movie- Hachi, a dog's tale (Richard Gere, Joan Allen and Hachi)
Read his story- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D>

No comments: